[netCDF #ATE-927500]: netcdf-3.6.3 installation error

> I tried to install it in user folder but end result is same. Here is the
> accessibility of the folders and it looks ok to me.

Sorry, but I can't read the text from the small jpeg image screenshot you
sent.
It would be easier to read if you could send the text of the output, rather
than pixels that appeared on your display.  However, I still don't know why
you are getting "Permission denied" problems in trying to build netCDF 3.6.3
on Windows under cygwin.

Here's an example of the complete output from a successful build and test on
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 on a i686 platform using our current netCDF-4.0.1-beta snapshot
release, configuring without --enable-netcdf-4, which just builds netCDF-3 with
the fixes and enhancements added since version 3.6.3 was released:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/snapshot/out_DUDLEY__0_0.txt

and it had no "Permission denied" problems.  Similarly another build and test
on
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 on the same platform using netCDF-3.6.3-beta1 built successfully,
as shown here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/3_6_3/DUDLEY_CYGWIN_NT-5.1_netcdf-3.6.3-beta1_2008-06-11-23-51.txt

I don't think the "Permission denied" problems you are seeing have anything to
do with
netCDF, as others have built netCDF successfully using cygwin without
encountering such
problems.  I'm sorry I can't help further, but this appears to be some sort of
configuration error that we can't debug remotely.  Maybe someone else in the
GMT community
has encountered it and can help ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: ATE-927500