[Support #UZA-204445]: NetCDF installation

Thomas,

Thanks for sending the settings you got to work.  We'll add those to our web
page
on "other platforms" that we don't have the compilers to test.

> Note static and lower case make no difference and I had to link to not
> only the Fortran-90 library but also that in C.

Right, the reason you needed -lnetcdff and -lnetcdf is because you specified
--enable-separate-fortran to the configure script, which caused it to make a
separate Fortran library.  I assume if you built again without that, the
Fortran API would be merged into the C library, and you would only have to
specify -lnetcdf.

The reason for having --enable-separate-fortran is to permit supporting more
than one Fortran compiler on the same platform, by installing the separate
Fortran libraries in different directories.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UZA-204445
Department: Support netCDF