[netCDF #TUN-607147]: The NetCDF problem

Hi,

Does running the CTestNetCDFDlg::test() method create the netCDF file
"example.nc" with data in it?

I can't compile your program here to test it, because it includes
files that I don't have:

  $ CC -I. -I.. -I../libsrc -g -c TestNetCDFDlg.cpp
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 4: Error: Could not open include file "stdafx.h".
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 5: Error: Could not open include file
  "TestNetCDF.h".
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 7: Error: Could not open include file
  "TestNetCDFDlg.h".
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 20: Error: CDialog is not defined.
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 27: Error: IDD_ABOUTBOX is not defined.
  "TestNetCDFDlg.cpp", line 27: Error: An integer constant expression is
  required

I don't see an obvious problem, but I don't know whether your netCDF
C++ library is built and installed correctly.  Did you run
"make check" in the netCDF cxx directory, and did it produce
output like this?

$ make check
make  nctst tst_failure
`nctst' is up to date.
`tst_failure' is up to date.
make  check-TESTS
*** Testing C++ API with 2 different netCDF formats.
*** SUCCESS with file nctst_classic.nc
*** SUCCESS with file nctst_64bit_offset.nc

*** Total number of failures: 0
*** nctst SUCCESS!
PASS: nctst
NetCDF: String match to name in use
XFAIL: tst_failure

*** Testing C++ API test program output.
*** dumping classic format file to nctst_classic.cdl and comparing...
*** dumping 64-bit offset format file to nctst_64bit_offset.cdl and
comparing...
*** All tests of C++ API test output passed!
PASS: run_nc_tests.sh
All 3 tests behaved as expected (1 expected failures)

If not, then something is wrong with the library installation.  We
have no experience building or using the netCDF C++ interface on Windows, so it
may be difficult to determine the problem.  It may
help to print out the nStatus returned by each method call.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TUN-607147
Department: Support netCDF