[netCDF #CSW-380765]: netcdf Sun make check fails

Chris,

I inadvertently sent you a newer version of the
ncdump/rewrite-scalar.c file from our snapshot of the next release
rather than from 3.6.2.  The version you sent is exactly what is in
3.6.2 and shouldn't have caused the warning messages you got from the
compiler.  It also should not have resulted in a test failure, as we
don't see this using the Sun cc compiler on our Solaris 8 platform.

I'm mystified why this test is failing on your system.  To help
diagnose this problem, could you please, at your convenience, run
these 5 commands in the ncdump directory of your source distribution,
after the "make check" fails, and send me the outputs?

  cc -I../libsrc -g -o rewrite-scalar rewrite-scalar.c \
       ../libsrc/.libs/libnetcdf.a
  ../ncgen/ncgen -b small.cdl
  ls -l small.nc
  ./rewrite-scalar small.nc t
  ls -l small.nc

Just for comparison, here's what I see when I run these:

$ cc -I../libsrc -g -o rewrite-scalar rewrite-scalar.c
../libsrc/.libs/libnetcdf.a
$ ../ncgen/ncgen -b small.cdl
$ ls -l small.nc
-rw-rw-r--   1 russ     ustaff        68 Feb 14 15:20 small.nc
$ ./rewrite-scalar small.nc t
$ ls -l small.nc
-rw-rw-r--   1 russ     ustaff        68 Feb 14 15:21 small.nc

If those all work, then I'd like to see the outputs from

  ../ncgen/ncgen -b -k2 small.cdl

for which I get

$ ../ncgen/ncgen -b -k2 small.cdl
$ ls -l small.nc
-rw-rw-r--   1 russ     ustaff        72 Feb 14 15:23 small.nc
$ ./rewrite-scalar small.nc t
$ ls -l small.nc
-rw-rw-r--   1 russ     ustaff        72 Feb 14 15:23 small.nc

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: CSW-380765
Department: Support netCDF