[netCDF #OIL-716255]: netCDF General - Error linking pre-compiled

> Russ,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  I pulled the DLL from that directory and
> have tried several versions - all with the same error.
>
> I don't intend to use the Fortran interface.  The Exodus library has Fortran
> "jackets" (written in C) that allow Fortran programs to call the C-library
> functions.  Still, I will eventually need to compile the main Fortran
> program and that's where the problems are coming in.
>
> Right now, I'm not even able to run a C-based example - though to be honest
> I suspect the problem may be on my end (I'm getting a "cannot find your dll"
> type error - probably not setting a flag correctly somewhere in the VC++
> Express GUI).
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Jon Arata

Howdy John!

I am the netCDF windows guy but was recently overwhelmed with support email.
Russ very kindly stepped in to help out.

A week spent camping in the wilderness restored my usual decisive nature, and I
am no longer overwhelmed. Now I stride like a giant across the netCDF support
landscape! ;-)

Unfortunately windows is our least-supported platform at the moment, but we are
trying to improve.

First, read the following FAQ:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows

Using the DLL is described in this section of the netCDF Installation and
Porting Guide:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Windows.html#Windows

If these don't solve your problems, please do let me know!

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OIL-716255
Department: Support netCDF