[netCDF #OIL-716255]: netCDF General - Error linking pre-compiled

Hi Jon,

Do you know where your precompiled netcdf.dll file came from?  We have
various versions that have been made available from the directory

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/

for different compilers and there is a more recent prebuilt snapshot
(under cygwin) here:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/cygwin_nt5.1_1.5-i686/

Our Windows expert is on vacation, so won't be able to provide help
for a while, but maybe you could see a recent DLL in the above
directories.  It's also possible to build a netCDF DLL from source,
and this is recommended to make sure the Fortran compiler used to build
the libraries is the same you use in your applications.  If you are not
using the Fortran interface, then building on Windows is a lot simpler.
See the installation instructions here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Windows.html#Windows

--Russ

Ticket ID: OIL-716255