[netCDF #RBB-301521]: netCDF General - bug in ncdump -x string

Whoops, that's what I get for ignoring our testing process and just trying to
get out a quick patch.  After I sent you the patch yesterday, I went back to
construct the test for "make check" for ncdump NcML output and discovered the
bug you found as well as some other problems with gratuitous differences
between the output of the C and Java versions.  I'm putting together a test
case for much of the NcML syntax produced by ncdump -x.

I'm also refactoring ncdump for netCDF-4, since it needs a major overhaul to
handle user-defined types correctly, so this is a good time to take care of the
netCDF-3 ncdump fixes as well.  Thanks for testing out the patch and reporting
back on the problems.  We should have another snapshot release of netCDF-3
available in the next couple of weeks with fixes and new NcML tests, if you
want to continue to work on the ragged edge of our development :-).

--Russ

Ticket ID: RBB-301521
Department: Support netCDF