[netCDF #RBB-301521]: netCDF General - bug in ncdump -x string

Hi John,

Yes, "ncdump -x" definitely needs to properly handle XML escapes for
special characters '<', '>', and '"' in string attribute values.  I
will get a fix for this also into the next release.  It looks like the
independently implemented Java version of ncdump in our toolsUI
package has the same problem (except with "'" rather than '"', so it will
have to be fixed in both.  If a get a patch soon, I'll send it to you for
testing.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: RBB-301521