[netCDF #JJE-781466]: NetCDF 3.6.2, gfortran, cygwin

> Ed,
>
> I think I know what's wrong with your gfortran -- you need to have
> both GMP and MPFR libraries installed for gfortran to work properly.
> On my CYGWIN machine, I have:
>
> $ cygcheck -c | grep gmp
> gmp                  4.2.1-1            OK
> libgmp3              4.2.1-1            OK
>
> rsignell@ricsigltxp2 /cygdrive/c/rps/models/esmf
> $ cygcheck -c | grep mpfr
> libmpfr1             2.2.1-1            OK
> mpfr                 2.2.1-1            OK
>
> If you don't have them, run cygwin_setup and select them from the
> "math" category.
>
> -Rich

Howdy Rich!

OK, I am now running tests with gfortran under Cygwin, and I am not seeing the
problem you are seeing.

I have tested with gfortran on both my cygwin systems, and neither encountered
the problem yours did.

So what is up? I don't know.

I have sent my cygwin version information by different email.

Can you create large files on this system? (> 2 GB?)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: JJE-781466
Department: Support netCDF