[netCDF #JJE-781466]: NetCDF 3.6.2, gfortran, cygwin

> > Ed,
> >
> > I think I know what's wrong with your gfortran -- you need to have
> > both GMP and MPFR libraries installed for gfortran to work properly.
> > On my CYGWIN machine, I have:
> >
> > $ cygcheck -c | grep gmp
> > gmp                  4.2.1-1            OK
> > libgmp3              4.2.1-1            OK
> >
> > rsignell@ricsigltxp2 /cygdrive/c/rps/models/esmf
> > $ cygcheck -c | grep mpfr
> > libmpfr1             2.2.1-1            OK
> > mpfr                 2.2.1-1            OK
> >
> > If you don't have them, run cygwin_setup and select them from the
> > "math" category.
> >
> > -Rich
> >

> Howdy Rich!
>
> OK, I am now running tests with gfortran under Cygwin, and I am not seeing
the problem you are seeing.

> I have tested with gfortran on both my cygwin systems, and neither
encountered the problem yours did.

> So what is up? I don't know.
>
> I have sent my cygwin version information by different email.
>
> Can you create large files on this system? (> 2 GB?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Howdy Rich!

Are you still seeing these problems?

I have not seen them on any cygwin system I have tried. Have you got more than
one cygwin system handy, and could you try a different one, if so? This will
help us figure out what is causing the problem.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: JJE-781466
Department: Support netCDF