[netCDF #MLP-485355]: How to read a NetCDF data set with Fortran 77...

Miguel,

I compiled and ran your program, using a data file created from the CDL file
you sent, and it runs fine to completion, so I can't see any error to diagnose.

Here's exactly what I did:

I ran the "ncgen" program to create a netCDF file matching the CDL file you
sent as jan9MFSTEP1671_T.txt, after renaming it jan9MFSTEP1671_T.cdl.  Then I
compiled the Fortran program you sent, using the f95 Fortran compiler on my
computer.  Then I ran the program:

tmp/test$ ncgen -b jan9MFSTEP1671_T.cdl
tmp/test$ f95 -g -o atm_for_3D_rd -I/upc/netcdf/include atm_for_3D_rd.f
-L/upc/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf
tmp/test$ ./atm_for_3D_rd
 *** SUCCESS reading NetCDF data!

So I still can't see what the problem is.  You said you didn't get any error
message but thought there was a problem becasue nothing printed out.  Can you
insert print statements in your program to find out how far it got before it
stopped?  Does the program just stop, or does it seem to be running forever?

--Russ

Ticket ID: MLP-485355
Department: Support netCDF