[netCDF #MOB-465267]: Increasing maximum record size

Hi Sergey,

When you create the netCDF file by calling nf_create() or nf90_create(), do you
include the flag that specifies using the Large File Support so variables can
be larger than 2 GiBytes?  For an example of how to do this, see the FAQ on
Large File Support here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#Large%20File%20Support

and in particular the answer to the question "How do I create a 64-bit offset
netCDF file from C, Fortran-77, Fortran-90, or C++?", which is here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#Large%20File%20Support8

Since the variables you are creating are 3420368952 bytes (if they are real or
integer), they are too large to fit in a "classic" netCDF file and you must use
the 64-bit offset format.

I don't think the error you are seeing has anything to do with nf_max_attr and
nf_max_vars, which just refer to the maximum number of variables and attributes
that can be stored in a netCDF file, not their size.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MOB-465267
Department: Support netCDF