[netCDF #JZN-499252]: netCDF General - make uninstall not working for beta

> Richard,
>
> I'm on a Unix system rather than a Windows/cygwin system, so I don't know
> whether "make uninstall" has any effect on the Windows registry, so I'm
> CC:ing Ed Hartnett, in case he can answer that question.
>
> All "make uninstall" does in netCDF-3.6.2-beta4 on a Unix system is delete 18
> files (you may have more or less, depending on whether all the language
> interfaces were built).  Even if all these are still there, it should not
> effect whether the configure script can be run, at least on a Unix system.
>
> Just for completeness, here's what "make uninstall does on my platform, after
> I specified that things should be installed in "/tmp":
>
> rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf_f90.3
> rm -f /tmp/include/typesizes.mod
> rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.mod
> rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.inc
> rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf_f77.3
> rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.h
> rm -f /tmp/lib/libnetcdf.la /tmp/lib/libnetcdf.a
> rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf.3
> rm -f /tmp/bin/ncgen
> rm -f /tmp/man/man1/ncgen.1
> rm -f /tmp/bin/ncdump
> rm -f /tmp/man/man1/ncdump.1
> rm -f /tmp/include/netcdfcpp.h
> rm -f /tmp/include/ncvalues.h
> rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.hh
> rm -f /tmp/lib/libnetcdf_c++.la /tmp/lib/libnetcdf_c++.a
>
> --Russ
>

> Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> address@hidden                     http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Cygwin is just like Unix - it does nothing to the registry.

I did not see the output in your message which says you have a problem.

Where did you install netCDF? It's true that if you do a "make distclean" it
will not be able to unintstall, but if you rerun configure with the same
options, all the makefiles will be recreated the same way, and make uninstall
should work.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: JZN-499252