[netCDF #JZN-499252]: netCDF General - make uninstall not working for beta

Richard,

I'm on a Unix system rather than a Windows/cygwin system, so I don't know
whether "make uninstall" has any effect on the Windows registry, so I'm CC:ing
Ed Hartnett, in case he can answer that question.

All "make uninstall" does in netCDF-3.6.2-beta4 on a Unix system is delete 18
files (you may have more or less, depending on whether all the language
interfaces were built).  Even if all these are still there, it should not
effect whether the configure script can be run, at least on a Unix system.

Just for completeness, here's what "make uninstall does on my platform, after I
specified that things should be installed in "/tmp":

 rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf_f90.3
 rm -f /tmp/include/typesizes.mod
 rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.mod
 rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.inc
 rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf_f77.3
 rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.h
 rm -f /tmp/lib/libnetcdf.la /tmp/lib/libnetcdf.a
 rm -f /tmp/man/man3/netcdf.3
 rm -f /tmp/bin/ncgen
 rm -f /tmp/man/man1/ncgen.1
 rm -f /tmp/bin/ncdump
 rm -f /tmp/man/man1/ncdump.1
 rm -f /tmp/include/netcdfcpp.h
 rm -f /tmp/include/ncvalues.h
 rm -f /tmp/include/netcdf.hh
 rm -f /tmp/lib/libnetcdf_c++.la /tmp/lib/libnetcdf_c++.a

--Russ

Ticket ID: JZN-499252
Department: Support netCDF