[netCDF #CNY-738623]: Problems installing Netcdf-3.6.1 on MacOSX

Hi Michael,

What version of MacOS X do you have?  (Check "About This Mac" under the Apple
menu.)

What are the first few lines of the "configure" script you are trying to run?
You can use the "head" command to see tthe first ten lines in a terminal
window.  For the netCDF-3.6.1 release, I get:

$ head configure
#! /bin/sh
# From configure.in Id: configure.in.
# Guess values for system-dependent variables and create Makefiles.
# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59 for netCDF 3.6.1.
#
# Report bugs to <address@hidden>.
#
# Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This configure script is free software; the Free Software Foundation
# gives unlimited permission to copy, distribute and modify it.

which indicates that /bin/sh is used to execute the script.

When I run the configure script from a terminal window in the netcdf-3.6.1/src
directory on a Mac OS X machine, it seems to work fine:

$ ./configure
configure: netCDF 3.6.1
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.8.0
checking whether configure should try to set compiler flags... yes
checking whether netCDF is to be built in 64-bit mode... no
checking where to put large files... .
checking for top-level source-directory...
/Users/russ/test/nc361/netcdf-3.6.1/src
checking for pathcc... no
checking for xlc... no
checking for icc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...

and so on.  I have the Developers Tools installed on this Mac OS X platform,
which include the compiler, the "make" tool, and other tools needed for
development.  If you didn't get a CD or DVD with the Developers Tools (these
may be called Xcode Development Tools) with your Mac, you can download them for
free from the Apple Developers site:

  http://developer.apple.com/

--Russ

Ticket ID: CNY-738623