Re: Question about strings

Bastian Graupner <address@hidden> writes:

> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>
> Hello Ed,<br>
> I have a question to your vb.net wrapper.<br>
> Why can I only read and write variables by their ID and not by their
> name? It would be more comfortable by name. Is there a chance to change
> it?<br>
> Sunny greetings from Dresden.<br>
> Bastian<br>

Howdy again Bastian!

Names?!?

We are hard-core C programmers here! We don't even use names for
people! (I'm called "14". My boss is "0").

Just kidding! :-)

But if you would like to write the VB wrapper functions to do this,
netCDF *is* open source and I would be happy to include them in the VB
code.

Or perhaps you should consider java? The netCDF java implementation
has many neat features, including referring to things by their names:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

Thanks,

Ed

--