[netCDF #NON-857268]: NetCDF nf_test failure

Hi GaBy,

re:
> The problem was that the settings weren't active all the time in my
> environment, even when I log out and on again after I change my
> bash_profile...

Interesting...

> I needed to made some changes to the variables you giveme because I got
> "not comand found" messeges. I suppose because of the shell that I'm using.
> I have linux fedora core 4. It work to the end with:
>
> CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran;export CPPFLAGS
> F90=ifort;export F90
> CFLAGS=-g;export CFLAGS
> FC=ifort;export FC
> CC=gcc;export CC
> FFLAGS=-g-O2-mp-auto;export FFLAGS
>
> In case some body else ask you.

OK.  I sent you what the settings would look like when set.  I should have sent
you the lines you needed to add to your .bash_profile file.  Looking at
what you sent, I think that you should modify what you have to look like:

export CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran
export F90=ifort
export CFLAGS=-g
export FC=ifort
export CC=gcc
export FFLAGS="-g -O2 -mp -auto"

The only real change is the addition of spaces and and quotes for
FFLAGS.  This may or may not be necessary, but it is more standard.

> I still get some errors with the nf_test:
>
> att. value read not that expected
> ###            3  FAILURES TESTING nf_put_att_real! ###
> *** Testing nf_put_att_double ...
> *** Testing nf_copy_att ...
> *** Testing nf_rename_att ...
> *** Testing nf_del_att ...
> *** Testing nf_set_fill ...
> *** Testing nf_set_default_format ...
> Total number of failures:           35
> make[2]: *** [test] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/gaby/Desktop/net/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/src/nf_test'
> make[1]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gaby/Desktop/net/netcdf-3.6.0-p1/src'
> make: *** [nf_test/test] Error 2

The fact that you still get errors when running 'make test' bother me since
I am not assured that everything is built/will run properlyt.

> But I can run my numerical ocean model!!! so Its enough to me.

OK, if everything you need is running properly and you are happy, then
I am happy :-)

> Thanks a lot mate!!

No worries.

Ticket ID: NON-857268