[netCDF #NON-857268]: NetCDF nf_test failure

Hi GaBy,

re:
> I still in the same...
>
> I set all this:
>
> CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG -DpgiFortran
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/lib:/opt/intel/fc/9.1.036/lib
> PATH=$PATH:/opt/intel/fc/9.1.036/bin
> F90=ifort
> CFLAGS=-O2 -g
> FC=ifort
> CC=gcc
> FFLAGS=-g -O2 -mp -auto
>
> in my .bash_profile and I try a fresh netCDF installation, and still get
> the same error. Was it the place to set them??

Did you make sure that the settings were made active in your environment
before trying the fresh build/installation of netCDF?  You would do this
in on of two ways:

- make the edit changes to your ~/.bash_profile
- type:

. ~/.bash_profile

OR

- make the edit changes to your ~/.bash_profile file
- logoff and then log back on

> I even try with a precompiled netCDF library, and when I compile the
> program that use them I got a similar error: Undefinded reference to all
> nf_ functions...

Let's stick with the use of the netCDF built/installed on your own system:

- before proceeding, remove the precompiled netCDF library (all subdirectories)
- next, (re)verify that you set the environment variables correctly and
  have made them active.  The easiest way to verify that the environment
  variables have been set and are active is to use the 'env' command:

  env

  Look through the output from 'env' and see how CC, CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS,
  F90, FC, FFLAGS, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and PATH are set.

- when you are sure that you have specified the environment variables correctly
  AND they are active in your session, then try rebuilding/installing/testing
  the netCDF:

cd netcdf-3.6.0-p1/src
make uninstall
make distclean
./configure
make
make install
make test

If the 'make test' succeeds, then your netCDF library has been correctly built
and was correctly used by the test action.

If the 'make test' step fails, please send the output showing the failure.

> Some clue.

See above.

Ticket ID: NON-857268
Department: Support netCDF