Re: 970716: Problem in installing netcdf on SGI workstatio

>To: address@hidden
>From: Beiying Wu <address@hidden>
>Subject: Probelm in installing netcdf on SGI workstation

Hi,

> I'm now at ACD, NCAR and trying to install the netcdf on a SGI work
> station in Beijing because of the collaboration with people there. When
> doing so, we met troubles in building the netcdf library.  now, the SGI
> fortran does not support the flags which netcdf has made for it, we have
> made some changes, but doesn't work very well. Could you help us?

You should be using the latest version of netCDF, version 3.3.1
available from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

Rather than just let the "configure" script choose Fortran flags for
you, you can use one of the tested sets of flags for IRIX, listed in the
INSTALL document.  For example, on IRIX 6.2 or later, there is an
advantage to using FC=f90 instead of FC=f77 to specify the Fortran
compiler, as explained in the INSTALL document.  The INSTALL document is
in the source software distribution, but it's also available at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL

If it still doesn't work, please send the information listed at the end
of the INSTALL document (under the "IF PROBLEMS OCCUR heading) to
address@hidden.

Thanks!

--Russ