970716: problems installing netcdf on Sun Ultra-II

Dear Dr. Paramesh Banerjee

In the above message, you wrote:

> We are trying to install GMT software which requires netCDF
> installation, in our newly procured SUN Ultra-II. I got the whole
> software suit from my friend in UC, Davis.There is some problem while
> running 'configuration' program regarding ccfe. Could you kindly tell
> where the path for the ccfe is defined so that the necessary change
> can be done. Is it possible to define the path for the ccfe thr' the
> CUSTOMIZE program?

The "ccfe" utility is located in /opt/SUNWspro/SC4.2/bin on our SunOS
5.5 system.  I don't see why you would need to add that directory to
your PATH environment variable.  It's possible that something else is
amiss.

In order to help you further, would you please send me the following:

    1.  The standard output of the command "uname -a".

    2.  The standard output and error output of the netCDF configure
        script.

    3.  The standard output and error output of the "make" command in
        the top-level netCDF source directory (assuming the configure
        script was successful).

--------