970616: building netCDF on an HP-UX <something>

Bill,

In the above message, you wrote:

>  Here is the macros.make and it doesn't contain the -Aa option. Do I just
> replace CFLAGS statement with
>
>  CFLAGS =+O1 -Aa
>
> and rerun the "make clean, etc." steps?
>
> --------------------------
> # $Id: macros.make.in,v 1.19 1997/05/15 20:07:38 steve Exp $
> # Compilation:
> CC              = cc
> CXX             = CC
> FC              =
> CFLAGS          = -O

One possibility would be to change CFLAGS in the above to contain the
"-Aa" option.  Since, however, the lack of the "-Aa" option indicates a
problem with the configuration procedure for your system, I would prefer
to discover the cause behind this problem.

Your last message indicated that you have some problems with your user
shell.  I would like to the environment variable features of your
shell.  Would you please do the following:

    1.  Set the environment variable "FOO" to "bar".

    2.  What is the result of executing the following command:

            sh -c 'echo $FOO'

        The quotes are necessary.

If you are unclear about environment variables and how to set them,
please consult the manual page on your shell.

What is your shell, anyway?

--------