Re: netCDF libraries

> Institute

Hi Richard,

> Where can I obtain C/C++ source for netCDF read/write functions.
> Is there a standard library package portable to many platforms?

You can obtain the current version (2.3.2) via anonymous FTP from:

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

If you wait just a little while, we hope to have a new version (2.4)
released later today that will be available from the same place.
Information about netCDF is provided for WWW browsers at:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

The announcement of the new version, when it becomes available, will appear
on the netcdfgroup mailing list as well as on the "What's New with NetCDF"
page at:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu