Re: netcdf

Nan,

> Here is the URL that is not working:
>
>       http://www.ucar.edu/ResearchData.html
>
> Both URL's you gave me worked.  (!?)

The above URL worked for me, but it's not a Unidata web page, and I don't
know who maintains it or what server it runs on.

> I was referring to the mailing list - I joined several weeks ago,
> and receive infrequent messages about user problems.  I thought
> it might be useful for our users.
>
> Do you have any opinions on that?

It can be useful for announcements and such.  Recently it hasn't been used
much, but we will be announcing netCDF 2.4 very soon on the mailing list (I
hope tomorrow or Wednesday).  People installing the new version or
commenting about it might cause a small flurry of postings.  If someone
joined in the next week, they might get the impression that the list has too
much traffic, but on the average, it's probably down to less than one
posting per day.  I expect that soon after the 2.4 release, it will settle
down to that level again.

We intend to make more use of the mailing list for bringing up issues in the
upcoming netCDF 3.0, which will add some new capabilities.

--Russ