Re: compiling netCDF for Linux

>From: address@hidden (petit)

Andre,

>I use netCDF 2.3.2 on a Sun workstation, and it compiled on the first try.
>
>Now, I've tried to compile netCDF 2.3.2 with Linux 1.0 and gcc 2.4.5,
>but without success. Before asking anything else, I would like to know if it
>has been done by someone else, and if so, how does it install.

Linux is not listed as one of the systems that the netCDF has been tested
on.  This list, along with other pertinent information is available by
WWW at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf

I would advise you to check the porting notes included with the netCDF package
and/or ask the Unidata netCDF community if anyone has done the port:

address@hidden.

>Thank You !
>Andre Petit
>Research Engineer