Re: netCDF under Windows

Rob,

> >>          ...   Is there a DLL available that will allow
> >> me to write CDF access programs under MS Windows?
> >> (Perhaps using the Win32s library?)
> >
> >Sorry, but we have made no effort to port XDR or netCDF libraries into DLL
> >format, because we don't have or use Microsoft Windows here.  Several other
> >users have asked about this, so I hope someone will try it and report on any
> >problems.  I don't know enough about DLL's to know what sort of problems to
> >expect.
>
> That's too bad. It's one of those things I might try to tackle if I can
> squirril away the time. There is some information on CDROM stored in
> netCDF format that I would like to be able to get at away from the office
> on my windows machine.
>
> Think I'll wait until Windows 4.0 comes out so I don't have to worry about
> 16bit memory restrictions.
>
> If I get anywhere, I'll let you know. Can I contact you if I have
> questions about the finer point of the source code?

It would be better to send questions to address@hidden, to avoid
having the questions sit in my mailbox for two weeks while I'm on vacation,
for example.

Russ Rew                                              UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                        P.O. Box 3000
(303)497-8645                                 Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000