[Support #GTD-100323]: Question form a computer novice [Sec=Unclassified]

Hi John,

re: can you provide the URL for the TPAC site

> Heres an example
> http://aws.acecrc.org.au/cgi-bin/nph-dods/dods-argos/A028-A_antarctic_aws_1986_1990.nc.html

Thanks, this helps explain the 'Get ASCII' reference in your first email!

After reviewing the Dods/OPeNDAP page you reference, my suggestions are:

1) limit the time range to a small subset of the available times so that
   the comma-separated list of data can be brought into eXcel.  I would
   do this in a stepwise manner:

   - do a 'Get ASCII' listing of all of the data to see the list
     of times that are available

   - figure out what a "reasonable" subrange of times is

     for each of the variables you are interested in

   - do another 'Get ASCII' for the subset of data you are interested
     in

2) visit the home URL for the site, http://aws.acecrc.org.au/, and download
   the data you want in netCDF format.  After that, download the application
   listed to convert the netCDF-formatted data into ASCII.  This step requires
   one to build the code from source, so it offers the opportunity to modify
   the conversion routine to output the data into a format most useful to you.

> As for the email footer I think this is for misdirected email only. Can
> I suggest you post the enquiry and maybe leave off my email details. OK??

No worries.  We always X-out the user's email address before turning it
into HTML and making it available to web crawlers.  We are sensitive about
leaving email addresses and personal information in emails because of
the plethora of scrapers for spam and identity theft.

Please let me know if the options I listed above were of any help.

Ticket ID: GTD-100323
Department: Support