[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

re: strange things happening on whistler.creighton.edu

> I've been somewhat suspicious of the machine all along.  It was setup when I
> got
> here and I'm not sure what was done with it.  I wanted to burn it to the
> ground
> and start over some time back, but didn't.  I may still do that, just so that
> know what's there.

I don't know if you are subscribed to the address@hidden list or
not, but there was recently a healthy exchange by users on switching from
Fedora to CentOS.  I believe that the participants in the exchange were very
happy with CentOS 5.2.  Some of those participating in the discussion
are GEMPAK users, and none of them made any comments about having weird
problems with GEMPAK analysis/display programs or decoders.  This would
seem to reinforce the notion that there is something strange with your
machine's setup.

Given all of the work that you have put into getting GEMPAK to work, it may
be the most expedient thing to completely reload the machine.  This might not
have any positive effect, but it can't hurt (other than taking a good bit
of your time).

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD