[IDD #YAI-193906]: current NEXRAD level II data

Hi Ron,

I apologize for the slow reply...

re:
> I an trying to find out how I can get current Level II data from the
> NEXRAD at Anchorage Alaska.

This data should be part of the NEXRAD2 datastream that is available
by the Unidata IDD in near-realtime.  In order to receive the data,
you would need to install the LDM on a *nix machine and request the
data from a Unidata-assigned upstream feed site.

The other option is to access the data through a Unidata THREDDS
server like the one available on motherlode.ucar.edu.  You can
review the contents of the THREDDS holding on motherlode.ucar.edu
at:

Unidata THREDDS/RAMADDA server
http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/
  THREDDS Catalogs
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog.html
    Radar Data/
    http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/idd/radars.html
      NEXRAD Level II Radar WSR-88D/

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/nexrad/level2/catalog.html

> I have searched on the web and it seems this data is not archived.

Both the Level II and Level III data should be available through NCDC:

www.ncdc.noaa.gov

Ticket ID: YAI-193906
Department: Support IDD