20000202: pl15 strange behavior

Chris,

when programs don't ask you for confirmation, and exit immediately, this
generally indicates that your $respond variable is set to no.
You should find this if you look at the value in your gemglb.nts file,
or by typing "list $respond" at the gempak prompt. If this is the case,
set the value $respond=yes.

The $respond variable allows scripts and things that don't want certain
output to be shown to be turned off....by I usually leave it set to yes so
that I can debug any scripts that fail- and just set the crontab
entry to redirect the output to /dev/null if I don't want to see the output.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support