20000202: pl15 strange behavior

Chris,

when you see the scrolling messag send lines, that is because the program
is not sucessful in connecting to the gplt process. This could be due to the
previous
invocation that you had that exited unexpectedly.

Also, since the program had exited out abnormally, this could have caused the
output of the gemglb.nts to become corrupt, or your disk space could have been
unwritable or full etc.

Check to make sure you don't have any running copies of gplt, gf, xw etc.
Then check to make sure you son't have any message queues still running.
Make sure you don't have any files or subdirectories in your working
directory called "gf" or "xw" or "gplt" that could be confused with
the name of an executable program.

Then, ensure you have $respond set to yes.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support