20000203: More Gempak...

>From: Mark Tucker <address@hidden>

>I have updated our ldm pqact.conf to match the model naming scheme.  The
>model files are being written to directories with numeric names and seem
>to be getting named strange names with the @@@ symbol instead of the grid
>number.
>
>/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/hds/20100020/2_ruc_grid@@@.gem
>
>The pqact entry looks like this:
>
>HRS     ^[YZ].[Q].*/mRUC
>        PIPE    /usr/local/ldm/decoders/dcgrib -d
>/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/logs/dcgrib.log
>                -g /usr/local/gempak/gempak5.4/tables
>                PACK
>/usr/local/ldm/data/gempak/hds/YYYYMMDDHH_ruc_grid@@@.gem
>
>I upgraded the decoders back in December if that makes any difference.
>
>Mark Tucker
>Information Technology
>Lyndon State College
>address@hidden

Mark,

Those file names look like what would be created prior to pl12 distribution
since I added the @@@ at that time, and before pl12, the year 2000 was a date
bug. Your download of pl12 was Nov 1...but the tarfile might not have
gotten the dcgrib update.

However, I do see that you downloaded the pl15 linux binary distribution
on Jan 26. You should update the dcgrib decoder to pl15 (either binary
distribution
or local build) since it will allow you to use the UK Met grids as
well.

Steve Chiswell