Re: 2000118: 20000118: unit errors in decoded sounding data (fwd)

Hi, Chiz - in the title below, "Chris" in Albany was not reading from my
site, rather he was reading from the SUNYA site - I don't have any such
labelling in my plots or tabulations of data - I run gempak and put the
raw output out on my CUDOS site unfiltered.  Chris was referring to errors
I think in the formula implementation speed = sqrt(u**2 +
v**2) (regardless of units).

If you do calculations using his examples of u=1.6 and v=-1.3, you don't
get 4.0 due to round off error.  Albany is massaging some data here to
simplify their data listings, but we don't.  In other words, this is not
an issue for support after all, sorry for the trouble!  I've copied Albany
on this, too.  Paul