2000118: 20000118: unit errors in decoded sounding data (fwd)

Paul,

I was refering to you title:
>> >PRESS     WDIR    WSPD    UWND    VWND
>> > MB        DEG    KNTS    KNTS    KNTS

In particular, if you are plotting UWND and VWND in GEMPAK, then
the units are m/s not knts as you have labled.

If you want to use knts in GEMPAK, then use UKNT and VKNT.

I was assuming you were refering to data as listed by GEMPAK, though
you did not refer to using GEMPAK. Since the 4 characater
parameter names are simmilar to GEMPAK, but certainly not "PRESS"-
I believed you were refering to snlist with some cooked up
column lables from your own since that listing you
provided is definitely not GEMPAK.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you mean in your response below.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support