20000118: silly GARP question

>From: weather <address@hidden>

>I installed GARP 2.1 on our machine here in Texas
>while I was in Antarctica.  The guys back
>here have discovered that now when you select model
>data there are no general or macro names available despite
>the fact that there is an fdf directory there.
>I copied over the old garp to garp2.02 before I installed.
>There looks to be no difference between the two
>fdf directories.  Where did I go wrong, I just can't
>seem to find the problem.
>
>Thanks
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

The model keys in 2.1 will need to be updated to your naming.
When I sent out 2.02, the model_keys in Garp_defaults looked like
eta_211- but in 2.1 they look like eta211 (due to changes I made here
in preparing my directory structure to share data with nmap).

As a result, you will need to match up the model_keys, projections,
gareas, and default model keys with your file names and
make sure your fdf directory names under $GARPHOME/fdf/scalar and vector
match those key names.

Preseumably you have already changed the Garp_defaults file since you
are getting data- now you need to match up the chapter names in
the fdf/ subdirectories.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support