19990630: Gempak Scripts under Linux

>From: "Jim St. John" <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>
>Xvfb wasn't in the Redhat installation.  We originally installed v6.0 but had
>big problems with LDM, so we installed 5.2.  I'll try making an X1.hosts file.
> On our machine there are alot of X11* files should it be X11.hosts?
>
>Jim
>
>--
>* Dr. Jim St. John                                     *
>* Research Scientist                                   *
>* School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences             *
>* Georgia Institute of Technology                      *
>* Phone:       404-894-1754                            *
>* Fax:         404-894-1106                            *
>* e-mail:      address@hidden                  *
>* Homepage:    http://louisxiv.eas.gatech.edu/~stjohn  *

Jim,
The file X1.hosts refers to hosts allowed to connect to DISPLAY 1. It is
not supposed to be 11. You should have man page information on Xvfb.
Typically, Redhat comes with everything and its up to the local installer
to decide which parts to install.

It sounds like your problems may be related to building it.
I can send you our Xvfb from RedHat 5.2 if you want. It launches without
and font messages here.

Steve Chiswell