19990630: Gempak Scripts under Linux

Jim,

I ftpd the file over to ~ldm/chiz/Xvfb.

I launched and received the same "fonts" medssage you did.
I noticed that you are not running an X server currently on the system.
That is the primary difference in our set up.

We have xdm running the X server for the normal user logins. Xvfb is the virtual
display to draw graphics to in the background.
Have tou tried launching Xvfb when you have an X server running on the machine
as 0:0?
Is there a reason you are not setup to use xdm?

Steve