19990302: GARP map background defaults

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Don,
>
>I'd like to change the map background defaults that are used in GARP.  For
>instance, in the NIDS background, the default displays all the various
>highways, and I have to go into the menu and de-select them each time.
>I'd like these turned off as the default and have the option of turning
>them back on.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   http://www.mscd.edu/~eas         http://clem.mscd.edu/~rockwooa

Tony,

you can define maps to be "off" by default in the
$GARPHOME/tables/maplist.tbl file.

In order to have maps "Off" by default, edit the "On flag" column
in the file for the typpe of may you want off by default.

You can also change the ranges at which different maps turn on, so
that as you zoom in, maps can progressively turn on as desired.

Steve Chiswell