19990301: gdvint

Simon,

Your input data file does not have valid boundaries, therefore
gdvint cannot determine the grid region. This is the information
I needed when I previously asked for the gdinfo projection information.

 GEMPAK-GDINFO>r

 GRID FILE: outfile

 GRID NAVIGATION:
     PROJECTION:          MER
     ANGLES:                 0.0   115.0     0.0
     GRID SIZE:          100  85
     LL CORNER:         nan       nan
     UR CORNER:         nan       nan

 GRID ANALYSIS BLOCK:
     ANALYSIS TYPE:        BARNES
     DELTAN:               0.971
     DELTAX:           -9999.000
     DELTAY:           -9999.000
     GRID AREA:         nan     nan     nan     nan
     EXTEND AREA:       nan     nan     nan     nan
     DATA AREA:         nan     nan     nan     nan

 Number of grids in file:   196

As you see from the information above, whatever program that
was used to create the gempak file did not correctly define
the LL and UR corner of the grid region. Without this
information, the grid spacing can not be determined.
When a grid file is creates, the GR_MNAV cann will generate
the correct navblk information for the file that is created
with the GD_CREF call. If you have the program that processed
the MM5 data, you can try to determine why the navblk is
not correct.

Steve CHiswell
Unidata User Support