19990129: gplt and gf

Mike,

Ok, one simple way is to create a link from $GEMEXE/gf to $GEMEXE/gfalt
and then, you can alternate between the drivers, as you mention like "ps",
but still be able to get gif output.

However, if you are trying to output the same gfunc for a range
of times, say gdattim = f000-f048-006, then the gif driver will
automatically create a different gif file for each frame,
eg dev=gf will produce gempak.gif, gempak.gif.1, gempak.gif.2 etc.

If all of your plotting is contained within one single program
(eg you don't use sfmap to overlay the gdcntr), then you can
compile a gdcntr_gf program where the gif driver is linked
directly to the program. This elimiates having to establish
the gplt session each time, though it does not solve the problem
of having to read in your data set each time.

Chiz