19990129: printing under GEMPAK

>From: Neil Mower <address@hidden>

>I am trying to make a print of profiler data images generated under GARP.
>We are running Solaris and have a HP 4MV printer.  Using the snapshot
>utility I am only able to generate plots with a black background.  Is there
>a simple way to change the background to white?  I normally print using the
>ezprint command with device=xw.  It does not appear to work with any other
>window.  Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.  Thanks!  RNM

Neil,

Using the GARP "File-->save" menu, you can save the image to a gif file,
then use one of the freely available programs like "xv" to change the
background color. Imagemagick and/or ghostscript are good for converting
gifs to postscript for printing too.

Of course, from sncorss or sncross2 you can use the "ps" device to create
postscript output for printers. The postscript files will print clearer than
bit map screen dumps (and they don't fill the background).

Steve Chiswell