19990201: Problem with NAWIPS-5.4 Install - Gemenviron error

>From: Dave Levinson <address@hidden>

>Dear Unidata support:
>
>I have had several problems loading the nawips software onto my SUN
>Ultra 10.  The latest problem involves the Gemenviron script which is
>"sourced" before compiling. On Friday we tried to source the Gemenviron
>script, but kept getting the following message:
>
>>> source Gemenviron
>Word too long
>
>I don't know what this means, and I've asked others here at our lab and
>they were also stumped!  If you could explain what could possibly cause
>this and what we should do to correct/avoid this problem, I would
>appreciate it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave.
>
>--
>Dr. David Levinson, Meteorologist
>Northwest Watershed Research Center
>USDA-Agricultural Research Service
>800 Park Blvd., Plaza IV, Suite 105
>Boise, Idaho 83712
>Ph (208) 422-0724, Fax (208) 334-1502

Dave,

Verify that you are running a csh when you source the Gemenviron script.
Perhaps you have something strange with your shell or your path.
Try setting a basic path prior to sourcing and building:

setenv PATH .:/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
source Gemenviron

if you still have trouble, verify that:
echo $SHELL

responds with /bin/csh and please send the contents of the Gemenviron
script since its possible that upon editing it locally, it has gotten fouled.

Steve Chiswell