Re: [galeon] How to map a parameterized projection to an EPSG code

FYI, a change request for generalized CRSs has been brought into the CRS
group by us WCS folks. The CRS group is contemplating on this. Maybe
expressing a need in CRSs that can do the tricks listed below (and more)
might help to speed up the decision process. Chair of the CRS group is
Roel Nicolai as per CRS web page, but Arliss Whiteside (originator of
the change requests) certainly will forward requirements statements as well.

-Peter

Aaron Braeckel wrote:
I brought up this issue to the Coverages WG in St Louis when I
co-presented with Ben.  I was told that the CRS variability was
resolved with parameterized CRSs via URN.  I also brought up the issue
of pressure levels, and it sounded like pressure levels were
representable as well.  I also have a note about ISO 19133 and Linear
Coordinate Reference Systems, which is probably in reference to the
representation of pressure levels.

I believe George Percivall and Carl Reed answered these questions, so
they may be worth contacting for further information.
Aaron