[THREDDS #LBC-319874]: HRRR omega on isobaric surfaces?

Greetings!

So I did some more digging, and at least I can find the data in a file from the
AWS archive for what it's worth.

As far as the data we host, it's definitely not in there. I will say that an
entire (e.g. 6Z) run from the HRRR that we have is 2GB. When grabbing the data
from cloud storage, all the fields on isobaric levels for a single forecast
hour is 420MB, so it's safe to say the online archives have a LOT more data.

Anyhow, thanks for giving me the additional info.

Cheers!

Ryan

> Huh, interesting. I'm just looking for a 3D volume of VVEL on isobaric
> surfaces so I can plot it along with height. I've attached a sample .idx
> file, although it doesn't really correspond directly; this index would
> suggest each vertical level is its own variable when in reality I can query
> omega as a 3D volume with
>
> data = xr.open_dataset(HRRR_data_path+model_file, engine="cfgrib",
> backend_kwargs={'filter_by_keys': {'typeOfLevel': 'isobaricInhPa'}})
> omega = data['w'][z,:,:].values
>
> Anyway, like I said, I don't actually need anything from you folks anymore,
> but if you're still curious and there's anything I can do to help you
> figure out what's vexing you, let me know!

Ticket ID: LBC-319874
Department: Support THREDDS