[THREDDS #ROT-324836]: Unidata / tomcat-docker

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Unidata support and specifically thredds-support.

I am trying to understand how this question landed here. As far as I can tell,
this question does not pertain to THREDDS.

A better forum may be https://github.com/Unidata/tomcat-docker/issues.

In addition, your Dockerfile is somewhat perplexing. My understanding is you
have taken https://github.com/Unidata/tomcat-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile and
modified it for your web app. This makes it difficult to isolate and identify
any problems. A better approach would have been to inherit from it similar to
what we do here:
https://github.com/Unidata/thredds-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile or
https://github.com/Unidata/ramadda-docker/blob/master/Dockerfile. If you take
this course of action and still get the same result, the next step I would take
is to inherit straight from tomcat:8.5-jdk8-openjdk and see if the problem is
still the same. If that is the case, the problem is with your web app and not
the unidata/tomcat-docker container.

Best,

-Julien

> Full Name: Muharrem A.
> Package Version:
> Operating System: debian 8
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: HTTPS is working, but a call to the Web Application
> REST interface results always in 404. I run the container using:
>
> # docker run -it -d -p 8080:8080 -p 8443:8443 -e TOMCAT_USER_ID=1000 -e
> TOMCAT_GROUP_ID=1000 -v `pwd`/logs:/usr/local/tomcat/logs/ -v
> /backend/tomcat-ssl/api/:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps -v
> /backend/tomcat-ssl/server.xml:/usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml -v
> /backend/tomcat-ssl/ssl.crt:/usr/local/tomcat/conf/ssl.crt -v
> /backend/tomcat-ssl/ssl.key:/usr/local/tomcat/conf/ssl.key -v /tmp:/tmp -v
> /tmp/tomcat-logs/:/usr/share/tomcat8/logs/ -v
> /tmp/tomcat-conf/:/usr/share/tomcat8/conf/ backend_app
>
> the server.xml and Dockerfile are attached.
>
> Any ideas?

Ticket ID: ROT-324836
Department: Support THREDDS