Re: converting from "classic" Unidata ag. server to TDS

On Friday 13 January 2006 23:04, Steve Hankin wrote:
> We have quite a number of aggregations configured under the old "Unidata
> Aggregation Server" that we'd like to convert to the NcML-based XML
> needed for the new THREDDS (TDS) server.
>
> Has anyone messed with developing an XSLT-style tool to make this
> conversion easier?

I didn't use XSLT, but I do have a perl-script making the xml-files from
scratch. Probably our needs are different than yours, but if you like you can
get a look at it. It has capabilities of merging several directories with
netcdf-files into one xml-file. It should be fairly easy to make it produce
several xml-files instead. Because of our server-topology we cannot use the
scanning-functionality in thredds, but this should also be fairly easy to
alter. Please email me privetely if interested since I'm not very keen on
putting it on the web.

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 cellph.:+47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway