v1.0 and vocabularies

If I understood xml better, I guess I would know the answer to this question, but here goes.

Suppose I had a variable list, e.g. (taken from the documentation page)

<variables xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";

 <variable name="wv" vocabulary_name="Wind Speed" units="m/s"/>
 <variable name="wdir" vocabulary_name="Wind Direction" units= "degrees"/>
 <variable name="o3c" vocabulary_name="Ozone Concentration" units="g/g"/>
</variables>

Suppose I want to say that the units are udunits compliant.  Can I write

<variables xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";

<variable name="wv" vocabulary_name="Wind Speed">
 <variable name="wdir" vocabulary_name="Wind Direction">
 <variable name="o3c" vocabulary_name="Ozone Concentration">
</variables>

I certainly would like to be able to do so.

Benno

--
Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          address@hidden
International Research Institute for climate prediction