[python #KDQ-949422]: Assist with Mac M2 Chip and wrf-python Package

Greetings!

Unfortunately, the wrf-python package is developed and supported by NCAR, not
Unidata, so we're not really in a position to help much here.

You might have luck posting over on their GitHub issue tracker, where I found a
couple of similar issues:

  https://github.com/NCAR/wrf-python/issues/221
  https://github.com/NCAR/wrf-python/issues/199
  https://github.com/NCAR/wrf-python/issues/148

They may be able to give you a more up-to-date answer on what the status for
wrf-python is.

If the focus of your use of wrf-python is reading output files, you might want
to consider switching to xwrf:

  https://github.com/xarray-contrib/xwrf

Hope this helps,

Ryan

> I am currently working on my master's thesis project and was creating code
> using the wrf-python package. After successfully downloading the other
> packages needed, I have encountered issues when attempting to install
> wrf-python. I have a 2023 MacBook Pro with an M2 chip, and I saw a few forums
> from a few years ago in which others have also experienced the same issue. Is
> wrf-python able to run on my MacBook's architecture?
>
> Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Ticket ID: KDQ-949422
Department: Support Python
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.