[python #MPF-688893]: Baron Gen3 Radar Data

Greetings!

Looking at the data, it appears to be similar to the US NEXRAD Level 3 format,
which is defined by:

  https://www.roc.noaa.gov/WSR88D/PublicDocs/ICDs/2620001Y.pdf

Our MetPy library has support for the NEXRAD format:

https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/blob/2462bfffde862273be019a785bb1ecf5a467a4ec/src/metpy/io/nexrad.py#L1021

Having said that, when I tried to use MetPy's code to parse the data, I
regularly ran into some issues where the Baron data isn't quite behaving the
same as NEXRAD. That code I linked above is only going to be useful as a
starting point--and we're unlikely to address those issues ourselves in an
undocumented proprietary data source

Hope that helps!

Ryan

> Dear Ryan,
> Unidata/University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR)
>
> We got the Radar
> data from Baron Gen3 350,000-watt C-Band Dual Polarization radar located
> here in Dhaka, Bangladesh. But we can not read these datasets with Python
> or with other tools. I have attached a link of some sample datasets.
> If you please have a look over the datasets and give me some ideas or any
> script to read the datasets, it would be a great help for us.

Ticket ID: MPF-688893
Department: Support Python