[python #DNR-894223]: (No Subject)

Greetings!

Those messages aren't actually errors, but are warnings that your dataset is
missing some metadata that MetPy uses to understand the data. I get those same
messages when running the notebook locally.

If you really are running into an error, make sure you have the latest copy of
the notebook which contains some fixes for MetPy 1.0:

https://github.com/Unidata/python-training/blob/master/pages/gallery/850hPa_QVectors.ipynb

Regarding reading grib data, I would recommend reading it into xarray using
cfgrib:

  https://github.com/ecmwf/cfgrib
  http://xarray.pydata.org/en/stable/examples/ERA5-GRIB-example.html

Hope this helps!

Ryan

> Hello,
> i try to run your python script  for q vectors but i get this message back
> "Could not find variable corresponding to the value of grid_mapping:
> LatLon_Projection
>
> Found valid latitude/longitude coordinates, assuming latitude_longitude for
> projection grid_mapping variable
>
> Could not find variable corresponding to the value of grid_mapping:
> LatLon_Projection
>
> Found valid latitude/longitude coordinates, assuming latitude_longitude for
> projection grid_mapping variable
>
> Could not find variable corresponding to the value of grid_mapping:
> LatLon_Projection
>
> Found valid latitude/longitude coordinates, assuming latitude_longitude for
> projection grid_mapping variable
>
> Could not find variable corresponding to the value of grid_mapping:
> LatLon_Projection........"
>

> in my terminal.
>
> Also could you help me how can i give my grib files as an input to compute
> and plot q vectors for any time in the past?
>

> Best regards

Ticket ID: DNR-894223
Department: Support Python