[python #XJM-608970]: get_test_data

Hello! Thanks for reaching out.

We use get_test_data internally for our testing, or sometimes for creating
examples and training material. If you're interested in checking out the files
we currently provide for these purposes, you can go to this link
https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/tree/master/staticdata or explore the
staticdata directory if you have the MetPy repository available locally. We
don't have these described and documented for public use as they're only
packaged as-needed for development testing or example purposes. If you decide
it can work for you, you can specify as_file_obj to either return the path (to
read elsewhere) or an opened file object if possible.

I hope this helps. Don't hesitate to follow up if needed!

All the best,

Drew

> How do you find what data are available via get_test_data, and what formats
> it supports?  I can’t find any documentation for this.

Ticket ID: XJM-608970
Department: Support Python